Full Circle: Telling my Story
Guest speaker Natallia Cherashneva will share the powerful impact of a shoebox gift!
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:00pm | Held in the Great Room at Grace Fellowship
Collection Sunday: November 12th 2017
Something as ordinary as a shoebox can accomplish the eternal when it is packed with toys, school supplies, hygiene items, and God’s love. Powered by prayers, it can help lead children and families to faith in Christ, inspire pastors, plant and grow churches, and encourage disciples in some of the most unreached places in the world.
Be a part of changing children's lives all over the world in Jesus' Name through the power of a simple gift with Operation Christmas Child. Prayerfully consider packing one or more shoeboxes to help spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to children around the world. And be sure to bring your shoeboxes to church by November 12.
For more information please visit the Operation Christmas Child table in the church atrium or click on one of the links below:
How to Pack a Shoebox
1. Shoebox: Find an average-sized shoebox, either cardboard or plastic. Wrap the box and lid separately. Decorative shoeboxes are also available at church.
2. Pack the shoebox: Fill the shoebox with gender and age appropriate items. Gift suggestions are on the back of this form. Attach one of the labels below and check the appropriate age category. Secure the lid with a rubber band.
3. Pray: Pray for the child who will receive your gift.
4. Drop off your box: Return your box to church by November 12, 2017
5. Remember your $9 donation: This donation helps cover the cost of delivering these shoeboxes to children around the world. • Submit your donation in the designated box at the OCC Information Kiosk at church in the Atrium (make checks payable to Grace Fellowship, OCC in memo).
To follow the destination of you box, give online here.
Any additional donations will help cover other expenses, such as helping to ship boxes.
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, handmade crafts, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Download the printable version of the packing and gift suggestions handout here: